It is that time of year again...the dreaded bikini season. Even if I am not going to be in a bathing suit for a couple more weeks, I am definitely going to be showing off more skin so I have began outdoor running. I can't run at school because it makes me fear for my life running around Providence, so coming home to the park across the street from my house is Heaven. However, running sucks. Yeah I feel accomplished afterwards but during running it is a constant inner monologue of "don't pass out, you will look hot if you keep moving". During my run today I kept a running tab of the pros and cons of outdoor running that I wish to share with all of you...
1. Get some color...well get my freckles to maybe connect and give me the illusion of a tan.
2. I try harder because you never know who is passing you in that car. Maybe someone from high school that I want to show via my running strides that I am doing well.
3. Being one with nature
4. natural downhills and uphills that burn extra calories or give me a quick break
5. Sweating...excessive sweating. If you sweat it means you tried hard, right?
6. Show off workout clothes
7. Get some natural highlights in my hair because I am too poor to go to a salon and have a professional do it.
8. Quality "me time" because the entire run is an inner monologue of what I am going to eat once I am done
9. Getting honked at, cat called, or whistled at. Yes this is a little pervish, but I take it as a compliment. Those creepy "hey babies" keep me going, so thank you random dads, lawn mowers, and the male (maybe female....?) population for the encouragement!
1. Speeding up skin cancer. I got burned from an hour run before the sun was out
2. People that pass me in their cars while running witness me running. This is not hot, it is a struggle, it is slow, but its a workout so F&*k all y'all
3. Literally being one with nature. Nothing is more terrifying then running through an invisible spider web and feeling it on your arm. Or the random inch worms cannon-balling off the trees into my hair.
4. Screw hills, mother nature is a cold hearted bitch for making those suckers
5. Sweat in your eyes
6. Have to buy workout clothes that are cute. Who looks cute while working out, no one. But you have to fake it until you make it by investing in lulu lemon. $80 for yoga pants should be a crime punishable by law
7. My hair is black...aint no highlights coming through my hair
8. That inner monologue usually results in me talking out loud. While I have ear phones in so I cannot hear how loud I am, those passing me get a sneak peak into my brain and personal thoughts, sorry about that
9. Liking getting attention from randoms is probably something a therapist and I will discuss later in my life
My conclusion, I will continue running outside but try to do it earlier in the morning so less witnesses, sweating, and sunburns ensue.